How ARE you doing? October is here, the summer holidays are over and let’s face it, we will be preparing Christmas soon.
Yes, you are right. Let’s not rush into things and get ahead of the season. The season right now is autumn, or fall: falling leaves, reaping harvest… the time for making space for new things and enjoying the matured.
You will either now be enjoying or excusing; and excuses are merely apologetic attempts to place blame on circumstances rather than on yourself.
This is why I think it is important that in the September Newsletter we talk about two things: transition and transformation.
Transition & Transformation
Change is a product of transition as much as it is a product of transformation.
When we talk about transition we refer to movement. The company was in the period of a transition. Your kids are transitioning from children to adolescents. Bruce Jenner went through gender transition to transform into Caitlyn Jenner.
The butterfly is the transformed caterpillar – the caterpillar transitions into a butterfly.
The butterfly is change as much as the caterpillar is.
Are you following me?
Are you scared of change?
What are you scared of?
Transition or transformation?
I have had this conversation with clients. They are at an impasse in their lives, and they know that something needs to change, but the basic problem is this… FEAR.
FEAR can mean Forget Everything and Run, or Face Everything and Rise. The choice is yours. Fear of the future brings you nothing. It will paralyse you.
The great spiritual teacher Shiv Charan Singh says in reality fear is only an honest intuition about the future. What you fear has already happened. There is nothing to fear. In all situations you have 40% responsibility and choice, and the other 60% that you blame on others, is actually the choice of the universe. You may just be fighting with reality.
When we stop opposing reality, action becomes simple, fluid, kind, and fearless.
Instead of fighting with transition because you are worried, invite it into your life and work with it. “From where wandering transforms into wonder”: transition no longer irritates you, instead you accept that sometimes, well this shit is meant to happen. Excuse my French 🙂
The importance is that you take responsibility rather than blaming it on circumstances or failures. People and events will continue to both hurt and disappoint you. And you know what? That’s’ ok.
Learn to work harder on your personal growth, decide which people will stay by your side as you transition. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. Get yourself a mentor.
Do not doubt yourself. For where doubt resides, confidence cannot.
Are you ready to go through transition and transform your life into something great? How about some tips for changing your life to help you through:
Do not spend time regretting the past, but invest that time wisely by preparing a better future. You cannot live in the past anyway because it is over.
Develop an understanding and awareness of the fact that all good will be attacked. The crops you seed in spring are just as attractive to birds as they are to you.
Do not doubt yourself, for where doubt resides, confidence cannot. Smile at adversity, and act quickly to eliminate it.
Do not imagine yourself to be less than you are, nor more than you are, but seek always to become all of which you are capable.
Invest your time in worthy projects, invest your thoughts toward a worthy occupation, invest your affection toward a worthy recipient and, finally, invest your greatest respect for yourself.
Choose the good in life in all things, and choose the opportunity as well as the chance to work when springtime smiles on your life.
Do not allow yourself to become arrogant or discourteous, for both are characteristics adopted by those who see to cover their weaknesses.
There is only one thing you should do when transition and transformation are knocking. Say yes and smile. You never know what event becomes an opportunity, what became a life-changer and what made the greatest difference to your happiness.
The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams. Oprah Winfrey